well i have been tagged enough times on facebook with the “25 Random Things”… and since i did the Sixteen Random Things post awhile back, i thought it was only fair that i round out the list for all who care to see…
OH – and before i do… i’ll have you know that i am on the verge of a full-fledged panic attack because, apparently, there is a wayward BAT floating through the rafters here at work… NO ME GUSTA NADA! in case you are new to these surroundings, here’s the back story as well a the rodential follow-up… uggh– I. HATE. RODENTS. flying, scurrying, anything… yucko!
might be a great day to Work From Home! (or maybe from the local bar… hey, they have wi-fi!)
So – to finish up… here’s my 17-25 Random Facts:
17 – I HATE RODENTS!!! (see above)… i will scream – bloody murder… i can’t control it… i really can’t. i wish i could… but i wish even more that they just didn’t exist.
18 – i have a secret dream of one day writing a novel… it’s all formulating in my head as i type!
19 – if i could relive my wedding day over and over, i would… it was perfect. all the pieces fell properly into place, and it was the best wedding and reception i have ever attended… and i really don’t think i am being biased… but honestly – every wedding since, hasn’t measured up… 😉
20 – the night i met my to-be husband, he called his mom and said, “Mom, i just met the girl i am going to marry…” i didn’t believe him… but he was so right!
21 – when i was little, my imaginary friends consisted of the cast of Annie. I would walk around saying, “Come On, Pepper. Catch Up, Molly…” and i then i also named my stuffed animals after the cast. I once took Annie (small brown teddy bear) with me to King Soopers and left it in the cart, and I made my mom go back and look for it, but we couldn’t find it.
22 – My family rocks! we have our own language and jokes, and i love it!
23 – As of May 31, 2009 (two days after my 29th birthday) I will be President of the Advertising Federation of Lincoln and the Kappa Kappa Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega… i’m not gonna lie, that kind of freaks me out!
24 – i attended Lallapalooza ’96 in Des Moines, IA… it was awesome
25 – i am way too high strung for my own good. the more i try to be laid back, the worse it is. My 2009 New Year’s Resolution is to one day wake up and be laid back. the 2nd week of the year i got a bad cold that knocked me out and forced me into a state of complacency– it was the best week of my life. the little things no longer bothered me, i didn’t care if the house was a mess, or if i was missing out on fun times… i didn’t get annoyed at work or at home…. but it sucked being sick… and then the week afterward, when i was better– i was more insane than ever… (see number 5)… i need to find a balance and move forward… (i am also a HUGE control freak… there’s nothing i can do about it, and that makes me even more controlling… uggh)
~More than you ever wanted to know… huh?
(and P.S. the song currently on my “internal soundtrack”: “White Horse” by Taylor Swift)
Thus and therefore, I have to say – of all the “25 things” posts on Facebook – my brother wins the prize for creativity! here’s his post, enjoy!:
1. I definitely feel this is the loneliest number that you’ll ever do. But two can be as bad as one.
2. I have two amazing kids, Sophie and Chase, who are quick to hug, and always come running, arms up, screaming DADDY when I get home at night.
3. I have three fears in life. Hard faced puppets, hard face puppets, and puppets … with hard faces. In a related story, I have not eaten at Burger King in years.
4. I grew up in a family of four, love my parents and sister to death, and am proud of not only who they are, but the person I have become, because of them.
5. My first concert was The Jackson Five, early 80’s. Yes, I am THAT cool.
6. I recently celebrated my 6th Wedding Anniversary to my wife Nichol. Crazy all we’ve done in the 9 years we’ve been together, and looking forward to 90 more (yes, I plan on living into my 120’s)
7. I am a huge Denver Bronco fan. Grew up in Denver, so have been to the REAL Mile High too many times to count, but have never been to Invesco (and part of that is because I know it won’t be the same)
8. I miss my 82 Audi Coupe, and a stick shift in general.
9. I sleep above a 90 pound Newfoundland (which, if you can believe is small, most are about 130) every night. She was our ‘first kid’ and spends 97% of her day imitating a bear-skin rug. The other 3%, the kids try to ride her, or harness her up to the laundry basket so she can pull em around the house.
10. There will be 10 of my family members going to Cabo this March to relax, party, and celebrate my parents 35th Anniversary. It is also where Nic and I honeymooned.
11. I give blood once a month and have come to the conclusion needles aren’t the worst thing in the world.
12. I am a big fan of good beer, and some of my favorites include Red Hook Blonde, 90 Shilling, 312 and any ‘Summer” special … but I am always a sucker for a cold Miller Lite.
13. Age at which I lost my … wallet … hah, you thought I was gonna say something else. Geez, get yer minds out the gutter.
14. Weeks during the College Football season, when I occasionally work with ESPN doing production. I have been on the field, in the trucks and booths for many great games across the country. Met many big time players and coaches, and although I love Husker football, appreciate all of the other great traditions throughout the country.
15. I don’t like Corn.
16. I hate to ski, likely because when I was 16, I broke my collar bone flying down a double-black diamond in Aspen. I had just dropped from a helicopter, doing some back-country stuff and I … okay, that’s not entirely true. It happened on the bunny-slope on a small makeshift hill in Iowa.
17. Fifty-Seven, One-Seven, close enough … I used to hate ketchup, it is now growing on me. (Not literally though)
18. I often have the sense of humor of an 8-year-old. And remarkably, so does Sophie (hee hee)
19. I can’t blow a bubble or blink my left eye. Don’t try and teach me. Everyone thinks they can teach me. Believe me, I’ve tried at least 19 times. I can’t do it.
20. I have recently started wearing 2 different colored socks when I work out or play basketball. Sophie’s ‘cooler’ older cousin Morgan does it, so now she does it, and she wanted me to do it one night. I did, and had a great game, so why not keep doing it!
21. I left college mid-Jr year to live and work in Estes Park, which led me to Denver, which let me to Dallas, which led me to Nichol, which led me back to Lincoln, where I finished my degree and have been since.
22. I have a tattoo. Always kind of wanted one, but it had to have meaning. This one has meaning.
23. I found out the other day at 23 after the hour that I can’t lift weights and chew gum at the same time
24. I am surprisingly handy, and used many a 2×4 to finish our basement last year.
25. Simplemente mirando Dora y Diego, sé que 25 en español es veinticinco