so i have a proposition:
hows about we move Christmas to Mid-January?
now, bear with me here. there are benefits to this:
1) HalloweenThanksgivingChristmasNewYears — it’s all too crammed in there, people!
2) let’s face it, early January is no fun. at. all. it’s cold, people are depressed… let’s move this joyous occasion and soften that blow a little bit.
3) once we celebrate “new” Christmas, we have a few more weeks and then we have Valentine’s Day, and then Easter and then SPRING… who doesn’t love spring?
4) for the religious sort, this may mess up some calendars and years of historic celebration, but i am sure we can all adjust.
5) for the retailers, this adds 2-3 more weeks for shopping and preparing… and let’s be honest – it’s the retailers that seem to be running the show lately (See: Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving — apparently nothing IS sacred, people!), and a few more weeks mean a few more dollars running through their tills.
6) finally, if this were in effect, TODAY would be Christmas, a Holly Jolly Day, if there ever was one!
think about it.