i feel like i have been going non-stop for quite awhile. and i think it’s true.
this week has been especially crazy and we are coming up on a hugely busy weekend– but i do see that light at the end of the tunnel, yes i do.
i was oh-so-excited to realize that Monday is Columbus Day, and though i am not a major follower of this such holiday, it does happen to be a day that the State Government closes its doors, and i kind of technically work for the state, that means This Girl gets to hang out at home with the pooches and probably get even MORE marked off that list!!!
What list, you might ask?
– sewed a bandana blanket to send to a friend in France that is battling cancer
– knitted two scarves with some suede yard i had no idea what to do with (thank goodness for “speed sticks“)
– started knitting a new toddler hat, and realized that the yarn is spun in Mitchell, NE! (This Girl is pumped!)
– made three Tu-Tu’s
– Visited with Neil
– attended church (i know!)
– tried to tidy and organize, which really only led to more of a mess
and on Sunday, (after church!) i got the whim to paint the sun porch – and painting only really happens for me on a whim. if i try to plan it, i end up talking myself out of it. so the whim struck, and i began painting….
i didn’t have the foresight to take a true “Before” picture, but it ended up that the leftover paint from my parent’s basement was a perfect match for the existing color — i was assuming it would be darker… so, not much change there, except that its a lot “Cleaner” with no scuffs and years of grunge.
but i DID take a “before” picture of the floor… which, i thought was “okay” to last another winter season, but AJ talked me into it, and on another whim, i went home during my lunch on Tuesday and edged and rolled on a coat.
here’s the “After” after one hour and one coat:
i was really hoping that it would be a one-coat thing… because if the idea of painting isn’t daunting enough, doing it all over again really puts me over the edge….
that is, until i break down and realize that it does need one more coat– and then i am quickly reminded how much faster and nicer that second coat goes on. (see, it’s all just really a mind-game!)
and then, finally, last night, i was able to put all the extra pieces in and make it a functional room again:
i am so not in love with our shoe rack – but its the best place to keep the shoes and i would love to find a hall tree that wasn’t too terribly expensive that could hold it all… a girl can dream, right?
Also, I am attempting to try and save my hibiscus tree… though, this not being Hawaii, i wouldn’t be surprised if I am unsuccessful.
anyway- so back to the list:
– tidy the house (still slightly, okay QUITE, unsuccessful here… am totally willing to accept any and all advise from you domestic goddesses out there… seriously!)
– print, and organize photos taken since wedding (2.5 years ago)… Walgreens was happy to see me, when i picked up my 700+ photos!!! let’s just say, i took advantage of their 10-cent per picture offer if you order 50 or more… i saved $39!
– send off baby gift to child that is now one-month old — and i forgot to take a picture of the supremely cute blue, blue and blue stripped blanket i knitted… (have asked the mama for photos once she receives!)
– Oh! and i finished Wicked… eh. (let me just say- a whole lot (200 pages) of bulid-up with a very quick end and very little explanation on why certain loose ends remained loose)
stuff still on the list:
– more sewing
– more knitting (and figure out how to cast on, as well as knit with Double-Pointed Needles) — any Knitting Divas out there, PLEASE HELP!
– the whole photo thing (awaiting my order of FOUR photo books from Overstock.com — did you know that shipping is FREE this month?)
– finish details on planning State Day Celebration at Sorority, Saturday (ideas on centerpieces? anyone? it will probably end up as pumpkins with red and green ribbons!)
– continue my quest to take over the world!!!!
whew… not too much to ask, really… 😉