imagine getting yourself a personal trainer and then not going to the gym for three months. essentially, that is what i did with my new (old) wii activity game, “EA Sports Active” (you may recall that i mentioned it on my bday, here).
well, last night, (after a nice jog with the pooches) i decided that enough was enough (and when i say enough, i mean Funnel Cakes and Cheese on a Stick at the NE State Fair!) and i set up the EA Sports Active and started the 20+ minute easy workout.
this (animated) girl is cheery, encouraging and great! and the activities are fun, and focus on strength training and toning – and goodness knows This Girl needs all sorts of that!… so, the habit begins- i hope. i hope to be good enough to keep a steady, solid pace with this “game”.
and i apologize to my new trainer- sorry to keep you in the box, on top of Lucy’s crate for three months. please don’t hold it against me while you make me do an extra set of squats!
further to that– the night was good.
and we did “good things” – i met AJ at La Paz (my fave) for dinner after he was done at work – last night was “Dine Out to Help Out” for the Lincoln Food Bank – so a portion of our meal (money, not actual food) was donated to a worthy cause. yea for doing good things…
though, all the chips and salsa i inhaled probably erased all the good i did working out…
shhh! don’t tell my trainer!
it is exactly 365 days since we got the Wii and Wii Fit– and i love them both!
This morning, AJ surprised me with this and i cannot wait to get home and try it out!
HAPPY MAY 29, Y’all!!!!!!
this week, i have had two rude awakenings:
1) i added the height extenders on the wii fit… now, it says my balance is better (yea), but it also, now, accurately measures my BMI and weight… uggh. it was so much nicer living under the false realization that it was off by 20 lbs… uggh…
2) yesterday, i tried for the third time in one month to give blood. i walked in saying, third time’s a charm!… on my way to that 3 gallon mark… it all seemed like things were going to fall into place. The Community Blood Bank has a new hemoglobin testing machine thingie– much more accurate. accurate enough that they denied me again! uggh… but, its better that, then wasting the whole night on the couch looking gray and moody.
I will continue to seek out iron-rich foods, and try again, yes, i shall…
so, two things that are more accurate, and prove that i have been skating by before, but now, its time to face the music and move forward. oy vey!
so, since i still did not hear my favorite edict: no exercising – i forced myself to get out with the dogs each for a private training session.
then, later last night, they were ready to show off– kind of:
last night was a fun and lazy wednesday. it was nice to not have to be going somewhere all the time. AJ was pooped, and we even agreed to skip the take-out and eat leftovers… what is wrong with us?!?!
but i had some fun with the wii Fit! that stuff cracks me up. i had to redeem myself on the hula hoops, since Tuesday, i tried to do the 6-minute mega hula and couldn’t finish the left side… my left second toe was popping out of the socket – TMI, i know, and i am sorry– but its becoming chronic, and if i can’t even hula hoop, what is a girl to do?
then, we caught up on some more DVR from Cabo… i tell you, that 30 Rock is a kill!
Thus, and therefore, i was able to finish The Delores Park Cowl i had started the night before. (and actually, the one i mentioned oh-so-long-ago…)… don’t cringe when i say i used Vanna White yarn… eek! i thought it would knit up softer, and a little tighter… ha! i guess this fits in with my whole aversion to checking gauge!
the original idea, when starting this blog was to showcase my knitting a bit more… as you can tell, that hasn’t happened… but i do follow quite a few fun knitting blogs, where i have gathered many fun new ideas for projects, and other things! these are the knitty-centric blogs i follow:
- Run, Knit, Get Hitched! – that Stephanie is a hoot!
- Carrieokie’s Knitting Blog – the first one i ever followed
- earthchicknits – she makes awesome stuff- and has great photos
- s i x o n e s e v e n – wonderful photography, and she also has great recipes she showcases!
- I’m Knitting As Fast As I Can – this woman’s abilities baffle me!
- a Friend to knit with – she also showcases a cookie of the week – Carbo Katie likes that!
- the blue blog – i am now dying to make that twirly skirt!
and here are some that i am just latching onto:
and of course, there’s Ravelry. I am on there. I haven’t gotten into posting projects or anything… that’s just a whole other step, and a girl’s gotta work at some point in the day- right? but if you are on Ravelry, find me, let’s be friends! It is also a long-term goal to connect with more Lincoln Knitters… i know you’re out there!!!
(title referenced from here)
but then, as i sat in the chair with the last ounces to go– the phlebotomist reminded me,
- eat three square meals (Done!)
- drink lots of fluids (done, and done)
- don’t do any heavy lifting (switch purse to other arm)
- don’t do any strenuous activities (done… wait – what about my Lenten Goal?)
yesterday i squeezed in a quick mile with the pups between the Husker baseball victory (yea!) and dinner with the God Children (double yea!)
but today, alas, what shall i do?
i am thinking a steady session with the wii fit – no pushups – might do the trick… and then of course, some more knitting!!!
Happy Lent, day 2, to you all… and if you are looking for a way to save a life, and can mentally focus away from a big huge needle in your arm for 10 minutes– please go donate some blood!